Pan Seared Halibut + Veggie Risotto
I can't explain how good this meal is! You will just have to try for yourself.
I know I've been intimidated with risotto before because it just seemed a little complicated...but this is a really simplified way of doing it. I hope you enjoy as much as we have!
- 1 c arborio rice
- 1/2 diced carrots
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 1/2 c broccoli florets
- 1/2 c 1 in asparagus
- 4 c broth (I used low sodium chicken. Bone broth, beef broth, veggie broth..all would be fine!)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Pan Seared Halibut
- 1 lb halibut (2 servings)
- 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
Lets start with the risotto..
- Start by boiling your broth over medium/high heat.
- Once the broth is boiling, add in carrots, broccoli, and asparagus. Cook for about 4 minutes or until veggies are tender. Strain the veggies, reserve in a bowl and set aside. Let the broth continue cooking on low heat.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil on high heat. Add the diced onions and let them caramelize for a few minutes.
- Once the onions look translucent, add in the 1 c of rice and stir. Lower the heat to medium. When the rice looks almost see through, add in 1 c of broth and continue to stir. Once the broth has absorbed, add in another cup of broth and continue this process until here is no liquid left. Keep stirring!
- On your last cup of broth, add in 1/2 cup of parmesan with it and continue to stir until there is no liquid left! Once the broth is all absorbed in the rice, add in the veggies and ENJOY.
*Tips* I only added 1/2 cup of parmesan and it was delicious as is BUT If you don't want to make the risotto skinny, then add 1 cup of parmesan!
- Remove the halibut from the fridge, when you are ready to cook it.
- Pat the halibut with a paper towel so that the seasonings stick.
- Add a generous amount of pepper and a little bit of salt..all over the fish.
- Cover the fish with one fresh squeezed lemon!
- Heat a skillet on high with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Once hot, add the fish face down, add pressure to the fish with your spatula to give it a nice crispy crust and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and then flip.
- Cook for about 2-4 minutes!